1.0 Installing UPL
UPL is a Joomla Component(Package) that includes a core of several modules and plugins. Some of these modules are internal and they are set automatically, while some need installation and further conguration.
In order to setup UPL, you must have the Joomla CMS package installed on your server. This free downloaded (plus more details about Joomla) can be found directly on the website: www.Joomla.org. Please note that UPL is only compatible with Joomla versions 3.0 and later.
Make sure that your server or web-hosting servicesupports the PHP versions 5.3 or 5.4 (we no longer support versions 5.2 or older).
To determine your current PHP version, follow these 3 steps:
- Login to your Joomla administration backend
- Select "System Information"
- Locate the PHP version listed
1- Download the package
Once you have conrmed which PHP version you have, you cannow download the Package on faboba.com.
2- Install the package
Return to the Joomla backend manager. Find the Extensions tab/dropdown menu at the top and select Extension Manager. Click on Install, which will prompt you to choose a package file to upload. Locate the UPL zip files , then click Upload & Install or use the new drag&drop system
3. Check the install
The UPL installer takes care of all necessary modules/plugins. After the le is uploaded and UPL installation is complete, an item will be added to your Joomla backend under the Components dropdown menu called Ultimate Property Listing. Click on it to begin the installation wizard.
You will need to enter initial settings for running UPL for the first time. If the installation goes without any problems you will see three green checks stating that the libraries, modules and plugins are installed and configured. The picture below is an example of what you should see.
On the left are default settings that must be configured before using UPL:
- Country: Set the default country based on where your properties are located
- Currency: Select a currency denomination. Additional currencies can be added through the UPL currencies and measuring units under the data structure. There is no limit for the amount of currencies.
- Area Unit: Choose a measuring unit, such as square foot or meters. Additional measuring units can be added through the UPL currencies and measuring units under data structure.
- Length Unit: Choose a measuring unit, such as square foot or meters. Additional measuring units can be added through the UPL currencies and measuring units under data structure.
- Long lengh:Used for radius search. Choose a measuring unit, such as square foot or meters. Additional measuring units can be added through the UPL currencies and measuring units under data structure.
- Website Layout: UPL inner views have two kinds of CSS (cascading style sheets): dark templates and light templates. If your template is black/dark, choose the dark option. If it is white/light, choose the light option. This can be changed at anytime under view settings, then template manager. The dark/light CSS system can be expanded by customization to the template CSS. For further information, see the template manager documentation.
On the right side, some of your server congurations are displayed. The minimum requirements for each item are shown. For instance, your server PHP version should be at 5.2 so the server status of 5.2.4 is accepted. Below the status you may see a red circle warning icon, which means your server does not have the minimum requirements and UPL will not function properly.
Some settings are not crucial for proper functioning of UPL, but are recommended. If your server settings are less than the minimum requirements then you will see this yellow triangle icon: (For example, settings such as CURL would produce this sign).
Through the Joomla standard menu management system, you can create menus for UPL, including Property Listing Display, Add Listing, etc. It is also possible to do it with one click through the menu wizard on the bottom right. You can select a Joomla parent menu where sample menus are automatically created.
After you submit the settings you will be directed to the following UPL dashboard: Congratulations, you have now successfully installed Ultimate Property Listing!